Sales Associate (P/T, Temporary)—Merchandising
- Experience in retail, preferably at a bookstore or museum shop
- Familiarity with cashiering duties, and ability to learn and execute tasks using retail computer systems
- Ability to work courteously and efficiently with the public, especially school groups, and to provide helpful information about the Museum and its merchandise to customers
- Handle money and cashiering functions, including opening and closing the system and keeping records
- Conduct daily merchandising in-store, restock as needed, and maintain the appearance of the Shop and storage areas with light housekeeping
- Follow all security procedures for handling money and safeguarding merchandise
- Assist with merchandise and window displays as needed
- Follow all Shop rules and regulations, including dress code
Start date: Immediately
Reports to: Store Manager
Position type: Part-time, temporary
Union status: Union—UAW Local 2110
FLSA status: Non-exempt
Schedule: Three to four shifts per week, Wednesday through Sunday, 10:30 am–6:30 pm, with hours subject to change for events in the Shop. This is a temporary position through the run of Virgil Abloh: “Figures of Speech,” July 1, 2022–January 29, 2023.
If you have questions about our online application system, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.