In this paid internship, New York City teens create teen-led community programming grounded in art and activism, and collaboratively dream up programs, organize activities, and promote youth artists who are changing the world.
Teen Night Planning Committee members:
- Learn about the social movements and political organizing efforts affecting youth today
- Meet educators, artists, and curators to learn about art, public programming, and our collections
- Dream up, organize, and lead free, large-scale events for New York City teens (virtual or in person, depending on health guidelines)
- Activate social media to connect teens with art and current events
- Promote Teen Night and other programs to teens across New York City, especially in Brooklyn
- Communicate with emerging artists and performers
- Strengthen their communication, collaboration, time management, organizational, and event-planning skills
Get paid $15 per hour. Second-year Teen Night Planning Committee members serve as leaders in the program and are paid $16 per hour. Work up to 75 hours for the year! Metrocards will be provided to support in-person meetings.
This program is open to all NYC high school students, ages 14–19, and will take place November 2021 through June 2022. Most program meetings will be in-person, with some virtual gatherings throughout the year. Interviews will be conducted virtually.
All Planning Committee members must be able to commit to the full work schedule:
- Wednesdays: Weekly meetings, 4:30–6:30 pm
- Fridays and weekends: occasional teen staff events, field trips, and activities, to be determined
How to apply:
- Submit an online application, including one letter of recommendation, by October 3
- Teachers/mentors can submit letters of recommendation online
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Join our email list to learn more about free arts programming planned by our teen staff, and follow #bkmteens on Facebook and Instagram.
Interested in planning our LGBTQ+ Teen Night? Learn more.